Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"So you can read minds?"


I wasn’t interesting. And he was. Interesting… and brilliant… and mysterious… and perfect… and beautiful… and possibly able to lift full-sized vans with one hand. It was difficult to believe that I hadn’t just imagined what Edward had said, and the way his eyes had looked. Maybe it was just a very convincing dream that I’d confused with reality. That seemed more probable than that I really appealed to him on any level. It was hard to believe that someone so beautiful could be real. I was afraid that he might disappear in a sudden puff of smoke, and I would wake up. Bella Swan

"I’m trying to figure out what you are." Bella Swan
"I hope you were more creative this time… or are you still stealing from comic books?" Edward Cullen
I had been vacillating during the last month between Bruce Wayne and Peter Parker. There was no way I was going to own up to that. Bella Swan

"You know it’s very frusterating to not be able to hear what your thinking." Edward Cullen
"I can’t imagine why that would be frustrating at all — just because someone refuses to tell you what they’re thinking, even if all the while they’re making cryptic little remarks specifically designed to keep you up at night wondering what they could possibly mean… now, why would that be frustrating?" Bella Swan

"So you can read minds?" Bella Swan
"With one exception." Edward Cullen
"Why is that?" Bella Swan
"The only guess I have is that maybe your mind doesn’t work the same way the rest of theirs do. Like your thoughts are on the AM frequency and I’m only getting FM." Edward Cullen
"So… I’m a freak?" Bella Swan
"I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak." Edward Cullen

'You’re not a magnet for accidents — that’s not a broad enough classification. You are a magnet for trouble. If there is anything dangerous within a ten-mile radius, it will invariably find you. I’ve never tried to keep a specific person alive before, and it’s much more troublesome than I would have believed. But that’s probably just because it’s you. Ordinary people seem to make it through the day without so many catastrophes." Edward Cullen

No comments:

Post a Comment