Friday, May 14, 2010

How Kristen chooses roles...


Really I follow, to put it absolutely lamely, my heart. It would be really a shame "f just because I did one movie, and I know it's four or five or whatever, but it is one story. It's one project for me. It's the same character. It's not like that changes, so if something like that would then affect choices, I don't have this scheme of how people are going to receive my movies in the order that I do them and why I do scary movies and why I do movies about 'disaffected teens,' which I get all the time. They're just people I really wanted to play. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I'm just playing parts that speak to me."

"I mean, as much as you can say I'd like to do this because it's different from what I've done before, I can't really plan things out like that. Despite whether or not a character sort of fits my description and the script is good, what actually drives me to do something like this, which is a really bizarre thing if you think about it: to play a part in a film and for more reason than just 'Oh, I get to be in a movie.' It's like no, I want to live out this life. It's like, why? So it has to speak to me in some way and that's always hard to describe, so I don't know what I want to do. This is the first time I haven't had one of my next jobs lined up so I have a totally clean horizon. That's actually pretty exciting."

No comments:

Post a Comment