Monday, May 24, 2010

Cake Eaters

Two dysfunctional families are thrown together by the return of one family's prodigal son, forcing the clans' members to battle old ghosts and work through emotional issues as they search for love at any cost.




"Nice to meet you." Georgia
"Yeah, um, I've seen you around. You go to my school." Beagle
"You go to Lincoln?" Georgia
"No, no I work there in the cafeteria. I make your lunch." Beagle
"If you want to call it lunch." Georgia
"Yeah, well, school food gets a bad rep I guess." Beagle



"So what's wrong with you anyway?" Beagle
"I have Frederick's Ataxia. It's a neuromuscular disease." Georgia
"Is that why you talk kind of like you're drunk?" Beagle
"I do?" Georgia
"I mean, um, you, it, just slurred a little..." Beagle
"No, I get it all the time." Georgia
"I just didn't know. I didn't know anything about it. I didn't mean to offend you." Beagle
"No, you didn't. It's a genetic disorder of some kind." Georgia
"Are you gonna get better?" Beagle
"No, this is pretty much as good as it's gonna get until my heart gives out. I don't know when that's going to be." Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment